in

Netizen warns public about risks of acquiring Leptospirosis

Leptospirosis is a type of infection that is caused by a corkscrew-shaped bacteria called Leptospira. This disease can cause a high fever that can lead to severe complications if left untreated.

via facebook.com/myline.vanguardia.5

On a recent Facebook post by a netizen, the said disease was the reason why the netizen’s cousin died last January 26. He recounted how the 20-year-old relative suffered from severe fever and after 5 days was pronounced dead at one of the hospitals in Tagum City, Davao del Norte.

via facebook.com/myline.vanguardia.5
via facebook.com/myline.vanguardia.5
via facebook.com/myline.vanguardia.5

Because of what happened, he wants to remind the public to be vigilant by keeping their food secured from insects and pests such as rats. He also advised that everyone should make sure to keep their environment clean prevent the presence of disease-carrying rats in the household.

via facebook.com/myline.vanguardia.5

Read some of the reactions of netizens on his post:

via facebook.com/myline.vanguardia.5
via facebook.com/myline.vanguardia.5
via facebook.com/myline.vanguardia.5
via facebook.com/myline.vanguardia.5
via facebook.com/myline.vanguardia.5

What can you say on the story of the guy about the cause of the death of his brother? Are you aware of the possible causes and symptoms of having Leptospirosis? Share your thoughts, reactions, and opinions in the comments section below!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *