in

Awareness raised as the Bourbon virus claims another life

If you’ve ever owned furry pets, your gross tolerance for ticks and fleas might have grown over time. Well, you might have to raise alarm over these seemingly common pests — because of something called the Bourbon virus.

People have passed away from said Bourbon virus, but there has been very little discussion about it. Now, with the sudden passing of a loving mother by the name of Tamela Wilson, we are hopeful that the discussion on this kind of virus would reach the mainstream, to warn the public of this treacherous condition. Here is Tamela Wilson’s story — it might be a bit too relatable.

via youtube.com channel: WKRG

 

It was Memorial Day in the US when Wilson discovered and removed two ticks from her body. She didn’t think much of it. Little did she know, those two minuscule pests would be the end of her — literally.

via youtube.com channel: WKRG

 

In fairness, Tamela sought the help of medical practitioners as soon as she began to feel something strange. It was dismissed as a simple urinary tract infection. However, the antiobiotics she was sent home with didn’t help at all with her growing feeling of weakness.

via youtube.com channel: WKRG

 

via youtube.com channel: WKRG

It came to a point where this formerly dynamic woman couldn’t even pick the phone up to talk to her children.

via youtube.com channel: WKRG

She deteriorated each passing day, her skin cracking and drying up. On June 23, Wilson finally gave up to her illness.

via youtube.com channel: WKRG

 

After being misdiagnosed for so long, her body was given up post mortem in order to advance research on the Bourbon virus.

via youtube.com channel: WKRG

 

Now, scientists are warning people to watch out for the following symptoms that usually emerge after contracting the Bourbon virus: high fever, nausea, joint pain, headaches, decreased appetite, muscle fatigue, nausea, throwing up, loose bowel movements, and rashes on the stomach, chest and back.

See what netizens had to say below:

via facebook.com/newsnercom

 

via facebook.com/newsnercom

 

via facebook.com/newsnercom

 

Read also:

Netizen warns public about risks of acquiring Leptospirosis

Frightened mother nearly loses her daughter over unidentified sickness

Thai man dies from hypothermia after sleeping with three electric fans

 

What can you say? Have you read about the Bourbon virus before? Tell us in the comments section below!

 

SOURCE: Newsner

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *