in

Teenager having fun at the beach ends up having hookworms infect his body

A teenager was having fun at Pompano Beach with his friends, swimming in the ocean and playing around in the sand. However, their good time led to an unfortunate incident as he got infected by parasites! 17-year-old Michael Dumas was buried in the sand by his friends. Little did he know that, the parasitic hookworms were living under the soil. He started having earaches and bumps under the skin of his thighs and legs after their outing.

Michael thought they were just regular insect bites, until he spotted small red bumps on his skin.


He was soon rushed to the doctors for medical attention. The medical professionals revealed he was suffering from a severe case of hookworms. At least four of his friends, also suffered the same condition. Dermatologists even tried to freeze the worms inside Michael’s swollen foot with liquid nitrogen.

READ MORE FROM OUR WEBSITE:Facebook post shared the story of a man who was abandoned by his family for six years

Michael’s worried mother, Kelli Dumas, shared the horrible situation of his son on Facebook to raise awareness. She even attached sensitive photos of the wounds. If his case when on, he might’ve experienced diarrhea, weight loss, and anemia.

Kelli wrote on Facebook, “Never be buried in sand or allow your children to be either! I am only showing a few pictures because it is so disturbing. Please, pray for him to heal. Also feel free to SHARE THIS POST AND WARN OTHERS.”

Prevention is always better than cure. So, the best way to avoid these parasites is to protect yourself from walking barefoot in contaminated beaches.

READ MORE FROM OUR WEBSITE:Mariel Rodriguez admits to feeling jealous over Robin Padilla flirting with a female celeb

Hookworms are parasites that have the ability to penetrate the skin and damage the human body. There are two types of this parasite, one that infects furry animals and the other affects humans. As a matter of fact, it lives mostly in warm, moist areas such as beaches.

Reports say that Michael is already recovering from the horrible infection.

Here are some of the netizens’ reaction:

READ MORE FROM OUR WEBSITE:Willie Revillame reunites with former co-hosts of “Wowowin”

Source: CBSNEWS

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *